When I was younger, attending different events was my thing. I was excited that time to meet different bloggers, to chat and get up-close with them. Moreover, freebies or loot bags of whatever items or amount somewhat encouraged me to come too. Until late last year, I have been busy with pursuing my London dreams that I was busy reviewing and processing my papers. Also, on this blog, I just want to set the record straight pertaining to the reasons why I seldom come to the brands' special day or get-together. :)
1. Unbeknownst to some, I started my IELTS review last February 2016. I failed my first attempt on May. Out of my persistence and determination, I made it last September. After an exhausting review for IELTS, I made up my mind and studied my lessons for UK Nursing Board's CBT exam. After a couple of sleepless nights, I achieved a passing score in my first take. Last Saturday, I took my UKVI exam, and I am hoping for a favorable result. Furthermore, as much as I wanted to inject an event on my schedule, I need to prioritize my biggest dream first, and that is to become a Registered Nurse in United Kingdom. :)
2. Second, I hate traffic. Most especially if the event will happen in Mall of Asia, BGC or in Makati, I would rather say no and sleep.
3. Unprofessional PR. I attended a food event before, and I experienced eating nothing (funny, isn't it?). Second, I graced a men's grooming event, and the PR provided mommy items (what the f*ck, right?). There was a lot of encounters that I have experienced before, but right at this moment, I will make sure that I will ask first before coming to an event.
4. Event's proximity to my abode. My friends who know me for years are aware that I have no patience with long travels. If the gathering's venue is accessible to any public vehicles or trains, grab/uber rides, or where my family can pick me up then I will say yes, otherwise, no.
5. The event must be related to my blog's niche. It is quite difficult to produce an article based on the occurrence that is not in line with my website (which is more about men's grooming, styling, and clothing stores opening). I would rather respond that I will not make it than come there and produce a mediocre blog. Also, I always make sure that I am putting my heart whenever I am writing a post, so as people can relate.
With this blog, I hope that there is no one who will ask me again about the causes why I am turning down events lately. :)
Details: Top, Cardigan, Belt, and Pants (Uniqlo Philippines), Watch (William L 1985), and Loafers (Mario d' Boro Shoes)
Photos by my ever supportive ate - Melanie T. Dela Cruz :)