I grew up in the family in which my 3 sisters and my mom nurtured me to be the best person that I can be. As pertains to my dad, he was working before as a Cargo Ship Captain so I will only see him every two years. The only time span that we spent bonding together whenever he was coming home was like 15-30 days only. I am not trying to be sentimental but he missed a lot of things about me growing up. Also, I rarely share secrets with him so I tended to share it with my mom who always wanted to give woman's perspectives and suggestions about almost everything. Moreover, she knew every secret that I will be willing to share and if you are curious then let me spill the beans.
1. Of all 10 childhood extracted teeth, only 2 removals were made by my dentist and then the rest, I manually did it. Although, I am fond of meeting my dentist when I was a kiddo because he was very nice but the fact that there will be a 4-inch long needle being injected through my root canal, that was a no-no.
2. I failed to learn how to ride a bike. My mom forbade me to try it because of the fear of accidents. I think I missed a quarter of my life because of it.
3. Me and my childhood friends kept on trespassing a warehouse after 5 pm and hit the foams and leather remains practicing our tumbling skills. It was really helpful for me because I was able to know the basic of gymnastics like cartwheel, front and back walks.
4. When pellet guns used to be a trend before, I accidentally hit myself bruising my lower eyelid (good thing, it didn't hit my right eye). My mom was very worried. I just lied and told her that it was just an allergy and not a gun-related injury. After the incident, I was traumatized that I didn't play with it anymore, LOL.
5. It maybe funny to hear but I used to collect lighters way back then not because of its use but because of the girl's sexy picture in front of it. Please do not get me wrong, I am just innocent that time. HAHAHAHAHA!
6. I used to throw my garbage inside my classmate's bag without him knowing because he was always our top 1 while I was just second best. Then there was this one time that I threw an orange juice inside his bag pretending it was unintentional. Good thing, I was not sanctioned because of my acting skills.
7. My mother did not want me to join my school's volleyball varsity team so I always hide my jersey from her and when they started to fall asleep, I will sneak in and wash it. She later found out through a friend where her husband was our final's referee. Since she cannot stop me from doing what I like, she just let me do my thing and became supportive.
8. Lastly, I weighed 75 kilograms when I was on my 6th grade. If you will compare it to an adult, it must be the weight of a 5'10" guy.
Our childhood secrets will be the best moments to remember and laugh about for we will never know what we will become as days go by. As for me, I learned a lot of fruitful things that I will always treasure. Also, if you are a parent reading this, always let your offspring explore. Experience has been proven the best teacher so let him do what he wants to do.
Shoot Location: Photomark Lightworks Studio
Thanks for dropping by. You can share your childhood secrets on my comment box. Please feel free to jot it down. :)